Sunday, September 26, 2004

one of my favorite verses

In my daily devotional, I am currently in the book of Isaiah, and well on the 23rd I was in Isaiah 43. Isaiah 43: 2-3 is ONE of my favorite verses. It goes like this...

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

When I was going through a tough battle a while back ago, someone who is very dear to my heart shared this verse with me. It touched me tremendously, and when I had read it that night for my quiet time, it really spoke to my heart again. It's awesome how the Lord works. In everything that we go through, every river, every fire, the Lord will be with us. He'll hold us, guide us, comfort us, protect us. He won't let anything hurt us. He is our Lord our Savior. He also said in Isaiah 41:10 not to have fear for He is with us, and don't be dismayed because He is our God. He will strengthen us and help us. And most importantly, His righteous right hand will uphold us. He'll do all that while we walk through the waters, and through the fires....My God is soo great...so awesome...He reigns...






In His Love,
Mikal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home